Worksheets: Heart Poster, Black Book Poster, Candle Coloring Sheet, Hide God's Word Template, ABCJLM White Coloring Sheets, Books of the Bible Wreath
Books: Bible, Where's Spot?
Activities: Stuffed animal, stickers, foods that are white, clicking timer, flashlight, glitter, hole punch, yarn, string, sponge, paint, toilet paper roll, pipecleaner, dolls or stuffed animals
Bible Theme: Special Times with God
Lesson: The Bible is Special
Bible Story: Bible
The Beginner's Bible for Toddlers
Verse: I Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray always.
Bible Song: Pat the Bible (Original Source Unknown)
Tune: Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Pat, pat, pat the Bible
God wants us to know
That it is a special book
And He loves us so
Poem: Humpty Dumpty (Traditional)
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again!
Information: Siblings' Names
Self-care and Manners: Meeting New People - "My name is..."
Book of the Week:
• Book of the Week:
- Play hide-and-seek.
- Hide a clicking timer and try to find it before the timer goes off.
- Ask "What is behind the ____?" after lifting the flap. Once the child has been read the story several times, ask the question before opening the flap.
• Special Times with God Preschool Bible Story Activities & Coloring Sheets:
- The Bible is God's Word for us so that we can learn about Him.
During the next few weeks, we will be learning about Special Times with God. Each week's craft will include a page for "Special Times with God" book. At the end of study, combine the pages together to create a book. Add other crafts if desired.
"Special Times with God" Book: Bible Silhouette - Cut out the Bible from the Black Book Poster. Tape the back of the Bible down in the middle of a white piece of construction paper. Using a sponge and black paint, cover the white sheet of paper. When finished carefully lift off the Bible. Let dry. Add the title "God Talks to Me Through the Bible."
"Special Times with God" Book: Candle - Using the Candle Coloring Sheet, color and cut out the candle and flame. Paste onto a black piece of construction paper. Glue and glitter along the edges of the flame and create lines around the flame (as on the coloring sheet). Add the verse "God's Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalms 119:105"
Hide God's Word Heart Craft: Cut out two hearts using the Hide God's Word Template. Punch holes around the sides and lace the sides together. Write Psalms 119:11 on the heart. Cut out one Bible. Write “God’s Word” on it. Hide the Bible in the heart. Add a string so the child can wear the heart around his/her neck.
Candle Bobble Head: Print and cut out the candle from the Candle Coloring Sheet. Separate the candle and the light. Color or cut out on colored paper. Cover a toilet paper roll with white paper. Glue the candle to the roll. Fold a long black pipecleaner in half and stick it inside a toilet paper roll. Tape the light of the candle to one end. Fold the other end of the pipecleaner into the roll. When you wiggle the candle the light should "bobble." Use this craft while singing "This Little Light of Mine." Let the child blow the light during the verse "Don't let Satan blow it out...."
- God's Word is a "lamp to my feet and a light to my path" (Ps. 119:105). Because we do not know what is right and we do not know what is ahead, we need God's Word to tell us what to do. To illustrate this, at night turn off all of the lights. Try to walk around the house and dramatically run into objects. Half way through turn on a flashlight and discuss how it illuminates objects so you know what path to take. Explains how God's Word is like a flashlight.
• Self-care and Manners:
It is important to teach children manners before they get in a situation that requires them. The next four weeks focus on meeting new people. Help the child clearly say "My name is..." so that people can understand them. Roll play with dolls or stuffed animals.
• Shape Activities:
- Heart Poster - Color, paint, or draw on the heart poster. Use white paint on colored paper.
- Heart Song - Make a heart with your hands as you sing.
Tune: There's a Hole in the Bucket
A heart is so special, so special, so special
With two humps and a point it shows love to all.
- Do a Shape Walk: Walk around the house or neighborhood looking for hearts.
• White Activities:
- Color one of the ABCJLM White Coloring Sheets (print on colored paper): White Clouds, White Fence, White House, White Lightening, White Snowman
- Eat white food - marshmallows, hard-boiled eggs, milk, white chocolate chips, sugar cookies, white bread, potatoes, sugar
- Do a Color Walk: Walk around the house or neighborhood looking for the color white.
• Fine Motor Skill:
Place the Heart Poster on a vertical surface. Place various stickers on the paper. If possible add stickers that correspond with the rest of the week's learning: white, hearts, Bible stickers.
• Gross Motor Skill:
Play catch with a stuffed animal.