Bible, Books, and Videos:
Scripture: Genesis 37-50
The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes: pg 58-74
The Beginner's Bible: pg 71, 78, 86
My Story Bible: pg 18-19
Through the Bible in Felt: pg 39-42
- View: Veggie Tales: God Wants Me to Forgive Them?
- Read:Mrs. Rosey Posey and the Yum-Yummy Birthday Cake - Part of the "I Can Read with Help" series talks about forgiveness.
Ephesians 4:32b - Forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.
Tune: “Are You Sleeping?” or “Where is Thumbkin?”
Ephesians 4:32 (2x)
Forgiving one another (2x)
Just as God through Christ, has forgiven you
Ephesians 4:32, Forgiving one another
ABCJLM Activities and Crafts:
- ABCJLM Bible Coloring Sheets: Joseph Forgives His Brothers
- Gather black pompoms and print off the Heart Template. Discuss that sin is the bad choices we make. Sin is like black spots on our heart. Take turns naming a sin that we struggle with (lying, stealing, having a bad attitude, etc.) and place a black pom-pom on the heart each time. Once the heart is covered with sin discuss how God is unable to look upon our sin. We need to ask God's forgiveness to remove the "yuck" on our heart. Remove a pompom one at a time while saying, "God please forgive me for ____." Once the pompoms are gathered, discuss how God removes our sin, forgives us, and turns our heart white as snow (Ps. 51:7).
- Super Soap (Idea and image from Tanya)
Draw the outline of a person on a piece of paper. Discuss how sin (the wrong choices that we make) clouds up our hearts and separate us from God. Ask your child to provide examples of sins and then write the name of the sin on the figure. Explain that God's forgiveness, through Jesus, is like super soap that washes away our sins when we are truly sorry and ask forgiveness. Decorate a bar of soap using a piece of paper decorated with stamps, crayons, stickers, or markers. Tape the label on the soap to finish.
- God Is Our Eraser (reprinted with permission)
Materials: pencils of different shapes and sizes with a good eraser, yarn, very small wiggly eyes, glue, felt
Directions: Say “Look at all these pencils. They all are very different; short, tall, thin, fat - different sizes, shapes and colors. They all have one thing in common, though. They all have an eraser for when they make mistakes.” Compare the pencils to people. Tell children that people have an eraser too. God is our eraser. When we ask forgiveness, He takes away our sins, just like the eraser wipes away the pencils' mistakes. Let children create “pencil people” with the craft materials.
Coloring Sheet - Joseph Forgives His Brothers