Objective: Keep Your Eyes on Jesus
Bible and Books
Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Steve Green – Hide 'Em In Your Heart, Vol 1 - #16
Songs and Poems
- Deep and Wide (Traditional)
- He Walked Upon the Sea (Original Source Unknown)
Tune: Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Jesus did not need a boat,
He walked upon the sea.
ABCJLM Activities and Crafts:
- ABCJLM Coloring Sheets: Jesus Walks on Water
- "I am Looking at Jesus" Craft - Use this craft to remind your child to keep their eyes on Jesus.
- Binoculars - Paint two toilet paper rolls. Staple together and add a string. Discuss with the child the importance to keep his/her eyes on Jesus.
- Make pipecleaner glasses - Twist one pipecleaner into the shape of an "8". Attach one pipecleaner on each side to make ear pieces on the glasses. Twist the ear pieces together in the back to hold them on the child's head. This is a silly craft but my kiddos loved this one and it really helped them remember the objective of the Bible Story.
- Coloring Sheet - Surprised Disciples, Disciples See Jesus, Peter Walks on Water, Jesus
- Online Coloring Sheet - Surprised Disciples
- Craft - Paper Craft (This craft may need to be done in steps), Origami Boat
- Children's Sermon Idea - Use this idea to introduce the story.