Objective: Be attentive to God
Bible and Books:
Scripture: II Kings 22-23
The New Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes: pg 200-201
The Beginner's Bible: pg 235-239
Through the Bible in Felt: pg 135
Mrs. Rosey Posey and the Hidden Treasure - Part of the "I Can Read with Help" series, learn the value of God's Word.
• Proverbs 19:20 - Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.
Songs and Poems:
• B-I-B-L-E (Traditional)
The B-I-B-L-E (make book with hands)
Yes, that’s the book for me (nod “yes”)
I stand alone on the Word of God (pretend to stand firm)
ABCJLM Activities and Crafts:
- ABCJLM Bible Coloring Sheets: Little King Josiah
Make a Bible Scroll Craft - Cut a brown paper bag into a long rectangle. Scrunch the paper up. Smooth it out (using a rolling pin is fun). Continue to scrunch and smooth the paper several times until wrinkles cover much of the paper. For the final time, smooth the paper out and paint with brown watercolor. Let dry. Curl the ends of the paper around a pencil and tightly roll to create the scroll effect. If the rectangle is cut extremely long, you may also wrap and glue the paper around paper towel rolls. Write a verse or thought on the scroll to match the Bible story.
Make a King's Crown - From the center of the paper plate, cut into eight equal triangles to the ribbed part of the plate. (May need to cut less or more depending on the diameter of the child's head.) Decorate the plate. Fold the triangles up.
- Discuss the importance of reading and learning the Bible.
- Play Hide-and-Seek looking for the scroll craft or a Bible. Whenever the scroll or Bible is found, sing The B-I-B-L-E song. (Idea adapted from Mission Arlington)
- Eat fruit roll-ups as snacks like scrolls.