Bb Poster Ideas:
- Paint the bottom of the child's foot. Press the feet down on paper with the left foot on the right side and the right foot on the left side. Leave a little space in between for the butterfly's body.
Thank you to Crystal for this cute idea!
- Use black, brown, and blue colors, paints, or markers
- Cut along the "black" line
- Glue on a paper bag
- Print 2 copies of the Bb Poster. Color and cut around the uppercase letters (one uppercase B will need to be colored on the wrong side). Tape two uppercase B's together (one backwards and forwards) to make butterfly wings. Glue pompoms down the center to create a butterfly. Add a pipe cleaner for the butterfly's antenna. Thank you Shannon for this idea!
- Draw butterflies or place butterfly stickers or stamps on the Bb Poster.
Bumble Bee - Fingerprints:
- With a yellow stamp or yellow paint place yellow fingerprints on the Bb poster
- With a black marker add a head, tail, wings, black lines and feet to make them look like bumble bees
Bumble Bee - Stripes:
- Paint with stripes of yellow and black to look like a bumble bee.
- Talk about creating an AB pattern.
- Glue buttons on the Bb Poster
- Focus on blue, brown, and blue buttons
- Glue balloons on the Bb Poster
- Glue blue, black, and brown pom poms on the Bb Poster
Additional Bb Poster Ideas:
- Use a magazine to cut out items that begin with the letter b. Glue the pictures on the Bb Poster.
Draw a "B" Word:
- Have your child draw an object that starts with the letter "b".
- Either write the name of the object and have them copy it or spell the word
- Be very careful when criticizing a child's artwork. Even though it isn't how you would draw the object, encouragement helps build confidence.
- Cut strips of paper 1" wide. Fold the paper accordian style.
- Little man had great fun "boing" this up and down while saying "boing."
- Give the child a pile of buttons. Have the child place only "B-Colored" buttons (brown, blue, and black buttons) on the Bb Poster.
- Collect items for "My B Box" - Idea from My First Steps to Reading books
- Throw or bounce a basketball or balls into a laundry basket or box
- Toss beanbags into a basket or box.
- Play with blue balloons, blocks, or a box.
- Bubble Art
1/4 cup liquid dish washing soap
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Mix it all and divided into different bowls or cups, and add food colouring
Bb Computer Activities:
My "B" Book by Jane Belk Moncure - Be sure to use the phonetic sound of the letter and not the letter name when reading the book. When we come to a letter, I have my child read the phonetic sound of each letter.
We're Going on a Bear Hunt - Printable Story Pattern
Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
Blueberries for Sal
The Berenstain Bears and the Truth - Any Berentain Bear books!
Bb Snacks and Foods:
- Banana (bread), blueberries (muffins, pancakes)
- Butterscotch pudding or chips, brownies
- Bear (teddy grams, gummy bears)