Sun and Stars:
- Glue, draw, or stick sun and stars on the Ss Poster
Additional Ss Poster Ideas:
- Color the Ss Poster yellow to look like the sun.
- Decorate the Ss Poster with stars, various shapes, or stickers.
- Glue seeds, sand, sticks, or shells on the Ss Poster.
- Eat spaghetti squash, sunflower seeds, square crackers, spaghetti, sandwiches, soup, salad, sour cream, salsa.
• Miss Spider's Tea Party: The Counting Book Book of the Week Ideas:
- Toilet Paper Roll Spider - Staple end of the toilet paper roll together. Wrap the TP roll in black construction paper. Cut four tiny triangles along the sides of the TP roll, direcly across from the cuts on the opposite side for the spider's legs. Cut two black pipecleaners in half. Thread the pipecleaners through the holes. Add googly eyes.
Ss Computer Activities:
My "S" Book - by Jane Belk Moncure - Be sure to use the phonetic sound of the letter and not just the letter name when reading the book. When we come to a letter, I have my child read the phonetic sound of each letter.
Blueberries for Sal
Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel - Blends "st" and "sh"
Where's Spot? - /sp/ blend
Very Busy Spider
Sheep in a Jeep - Blend "sh"
Ss Snacks and Foods:
- Strawberries, Strawberry shortcake
- Saltine crackers
- Soda pop